Friday, December 09, 2005

Feversham School

Feversham School, Leeds Road, Bradford, UK. This was the the first Higher Grade Board School in the country built by Lockwood and Mawson architects in 1874. I recenty discovered that my mother's cousin's mother was a Mawson and relative of this architect.

I was headteacher of Feversham First School and worked in that building for about ten years. We then moved to a purpose built new building in the grounds of Leeds Road Hospital and I moved on to other things a year or so later.

The building then became Feversham College - a Muslim girls school. I understand they have impressive examination results.

But they too have now moved on and when I visited the old building and got a look round a few weeks ago I found that it is now a hardware store. I bought two mouse traps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home